Last weekend we braved the smoky, forest-fire ravaged Jackson Hole area to visit for the weekend. We went up Friday night , met my brother Courtney and stayed until Sunday morning. It was so much fun to get away from the worries in Rexburg for a weekend. Unfortunately, my math worries came along, but Courtney helped me through a homework assignment while we were there. Too bad I can't bring him with me when I take the tests!
We walked through downtown, played at the park, visited "Mormon Row", collected every map we saw, pet every dog available and OF COURSE went to Yippee-I-O Candy Shop. The kids picked out five candies each, and I walked out $15 poorer. I completely understand why my mom hated that shop when we were kids. Amelia and Cooper were relatively calm in the store, and we quickly went back to the condo so we could indulge in the expensive yummy candy.
Here are a few pictures from our fabulous trip:
 |
| Racing to the top of the rock wall. |
 |
| Jumping out of swings. |
 |
| The Tetons view from Mormon Row. It was still pretty hazy. Cooper was concerned the planes flying into the airport would hit the mountains. My biggest concern was keeping Cooper out of the nearby creek. Amelia's biggest concern was the buffalo would stampede us when we weren't looking. |
 |
| One of the puppies Cooper pet. They were both happy with the arrangement. Cooper walked up to the owners of the dog and said, "Hello, ladies, can I pet your dog?" |
 |
| Amelia was in heaven. This being Jackson, there were sculptures and pictures of horses everywhere. |
 |
| Cooper at Mormon Row. |
 |
| Mormon Row, inside the barn. Cooper was fearless, walking all over explaining where the horses would've been. Amelia was more of a Nervous Nelly, and stuck by me. |
 |
| Courtney took us to a park downtown. This fun toy spun like a merry go round. They kids loved it. Here they are up and spinning. |
 |
| Then they're down. |
 |
| Amelia would spank Cooper as he swung by. Don't you worry, he retaliated. |
 |
| Not a flattering picture of me, but I had to try it. If you'll notice, Cooper is on the ground. He had just fallen and I was twisting, trying to use lower body strength I didn't have to avoid kicking him in the head. |
 |
| Courtney didn't want to be left out either. He was a tad tall, however, and dragged a bit. |
 |
| When their arms were exhausted, they hit the COLD creek. |
We had a great time, and are looking forward to next year!
3 comments:
Oh Jill...I laughed and laughed at the picture of you on the merry-go-round. Not only because of the expression of your face as you were trying not to kick Cooper. Not only because of the sight of Cooper's legs up in the air. But mostly because I can only imagine what that man standing in the background is thinking as he's watching all this! Looks like so much fun!! I'm sad to have missed the live version. Love you guys!
Wish you were here, too, Katie. But thanks to blogs, video chat and cell phones, it feels like you are not quite so far away! Thanks, Jill for the blog. As usual, the narrative and pictures are delux!
Nana
Ha! You guys look good, swinging on that thing! What a fun trip. What is Mormon Row???
Post a Comment