Well, I've made it through my first day of unemployment for the first time in17 years. I wish I could say the sky was bluer, the air was fresher and the bird were chirping a happy song wherever I went.....but it was kinda just like any other day! Maybe this means I don't need to ever be employed again, perhaps? I can live a life a leisure for the rest of my days? Alas, I know I will see a difference when I must pay next month's bills! Gotta love that savings account--and for the next nine months we will!!
After I got home last night from my final shift, I will admit I had a small moment of anxiety and apprehension. It was quickly squelched by massive doses of chocolate, however, and all is well again. Here are a few pictures of our family waiting to pick up the baby-sitter for the LAST TIME on a Thursday!
| No, that's not a yawn. It's what Cooper did when I told him to smile. |
| Ah Amelia, thank you. So photogenic. |
4 comments:
Congrats! I suspect you won't find it hard to fill up your time to overflowing! Enjoy and good luck.
Too bad life isn't a musical, then there would have been happy songs! We're happy that you won't have to be working at the hospital anymore. Cooper looks like he has gotten so big since the last time we've seen him. Give the kids our love!
yay! Enjoy it!
You look happy to be able to stay home more, and your children look ecstatic to have you stay home more. . . come visit us when you all get tired of staying home together!! JK :)
Nana
Post a Comment