Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Eastern Idaho State Fair 2012

It's that time of year again. I love the fair. When I was in high school I loved going with friends, hoping to see "that boy" and riding the carnival rides. In college I loved the food and working in the booths. Well, this year I have a new love in the fair.....the U.S. Marine's booth! Luckily, it was near the petting zoo, so as my children fed and pet goats, chickens, turkeys and bunnies, I had a nice view of the Marines in snug t-shirts doing pull-ups! Truly a win-win situation. 

Here are some of the things we did (although personally I think they pale in comparison to watching our countries heroes exercise):

Amelia entered her cookies and won an honorable mention!

Cooper saw this roll of chicken wire in one of the barns and said, "Look, Mom! It's the leaning tower of Pisa!"

Rode some rides, including a tall slide that Cooper had to "get courage" to climb.

But he was glad he did!

Cooper feeding the goats.

Amelia feeding the goats.

Amelia on the big swings.

Amelia and her friend Madeline. We met up with my friend Janelle and her family and hung out together.

"Royalty Cooper". He had a balloon septer  too, and would request the royal password before allowing any commoners to pass him.

Lynnli at the petting zoo. She loved the goats.

Amelia and Cooper playing in Andy's duck blind.

I also love the fair because to me it signifies the beginning of autumn, which is my favorite time of year! I'm looking forward to apple picking, pumpkin patches, cool weather, sweaters, Halloween and straw mazes!

5 comments:

j2 said...

The royal password is "Good heavens! Those kids are dang cute!". And God bless the Marines!

A&K Johnson said...

Congratulations Amelia on those cookies... send some our way!

Katie Call said...

Yay Amelia! All those years as a sous chef has paid off. Good job! And Cooper...you're just so stinkin' cute you should get a ribbon too!

Anonymous said...

Yeh. . . well I was stuck on the stairs for 20 minutes trying to come up with the royal password, so I could get to my bedroom!!! Good think Amelia was there to offer some clues!
Nana

Dave & Melissa said...

How fun!!! I miss going to the fair. Our County fair has gotten out-of-control-expensive, so we stopped going. Glad you had a great time! We miss you guys!
PS. We've had some technical difficulties (aka a distracted mom) with mailing Amelia's letter.... We will send it TODAY, I promise :o)