Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Harvest Fest 2012

Last weekend, because of my newly unemployed status, I was able to take the kids to Harvestfest in Idaho Falls. They had a good time and blew through their allowances like a teenager in a clothing store. Some of the things we did were:

Had balloon animals made. Amelia and Cooper both got a puppy. Cooper's picture was too large of a file to download, but it looks just like Amelia's, but with Cooper.

Got lost and found in a straw maze.

Raced pinewood derby cars (Cooper won).

Played on the inflatable toys.


Finished off with lunch at Arctic Circle.
We also decorated sugar cookies and consumed them before 10:30am. Super good idea, really. It made it SO MUCH easier to keep rein on the kids when they were all sugared-up right from the start. (If you missed my sarcasm, please go back and re-read the last two sentences with a healthy dose of it.)

After we left Idaho Falls we continued on to Blackfoot to hang out with a very empty-nest-ed Nana and Bompa, where I promptly fell ill and laid in bed the remainder of the weekend! It was a fun Saturday and I'm grateful we could go!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm grateful you could come!!! Although our house was really boring after Harvest Fest!!
Nana

Anonymous said...

Love your gratitude list! 'Tis the season!
Nana

Katie Call said...

Sounds like a great time! Except for the getting sick part. Sorry about that. But YAY for Saturdays not working and having fun with those cute little stinkers!! Miss you guys.

A&K Johnson said...

They have tissues that kill germs too... I would know.

Megan Gunyan said...

To the coolest mom ever:
don't tell my kids what you do with your kids. they will want to come live with you and I can tell you right now...they're no picnic. ;)-
Sincerely,
boring mom in minnesota