Last weekend we went to a "Hocus Pocus Celebration" here in Rexburg. It was held just a few blocks from our home, so it was nice to have it so close. The weather was still pretty chilly, but not as cold as it has been. (By the way, tomorrow is set to be mid 60s, and all the snow has melted). Amelia donned her little red riding hood and "tappy" shoes, and Cooper morphed into Thor, completed with his thunder-bringing hammer.
We had a fun time looking at the pumpkins, riding the horse-drawn hay ride, eating donut holes and cider (okay, just I drank it), getting our face painted (okay, just Amelia), listening to the storyteller, and gathering candy from all the businesses up and down the street. I don't have a lot of pictures because the camera my sweet parents lent me after mine mysteriously fell into water ran out of batteries, and I didn't have extra on hand. Here the few pictures from our fun afternoon out:
.JPG) |
| Ready to bring the thunder and run from wolves. |
.JPG) |
| We found a Thor pumpkin, so had to get Coop's picture by it. |
 |
| Outside one of the businesses. Even though it was cool, Cooper's "soft" muscles and Amelia's warm cape kept them toasty. I was freezing, however. |
 |
| The storyteller.....creepy, huh? I wish I could've recorded her cackle, it was sinister. She was so realistic I almost threw water on her to see if she'd melt, and I occasionally checked the sky for flying monkeys. |
.JPG) |
| Whew, not as creepy. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
We also carved our jack-o'-lanterns on Friday. The kids did really well and knew exactly what they wanted. However, for the third year running, Cooper would NOT clean the guts out of his pumpkin, "'cuz its disgusting!" Amelia gave him a hard time about it, but I saw her gingerly spooning out her pumpkin's innards, careful not to touch any of the slimy seeds or pulp!
 |
| Amelia carved it! |
 |
| Cooper by his pumpkin. All evening Amelia and I heard over and over, "I'm the youngest in our family, but I got the biggest pumpkin!" |
 |
| All lit up. Mine is missing a huge black spider on its head to frighten it. Cooper and Amelia took it and try to hide it in different places to scare each other. Maybe I should put a math book or my latest homework, instead? They are positively terrifying. |
4 comments:
What fun Halloween memories! You do live in a city full of activities! And you are a mommy who finds them! Looks like an absolutely perfect Halloween 2012!
Nana
Oh my gosh, Jake and Cooper could have been Thor twins! They are even making the same poses! Awesome.
What a fun Halloween! I can't believe how far behind I got on blogging. WOW! At any rate, I'm happy to see you've had such a fun fall! And snow already! I bet the kids LOVED that!
I love the costumes! And the pumpkins look great! Sounds like Rexburg has some fun things going on.
Post a Comment