Monday, October 15, 2012

Pumpkin Patch 2012

Last Saturday we went to the pumpkin patch to pick our future jack-o-latern's. It was a decent day, and Amelia and Cooper had a great time picking the perfect pumpkin. Cooper picked his quickly then spent the rest of the time crowing back at the roosters next to the patch. He had just watched "Peter Pan", so his "Ar-ar-ar-ar-arrrrrrrrrr!" was pretty good. The roosters thought so, too. Amelia took her time inspecting and rejecting pumpkins until she found the perfect one. We loaded up and went to Blackfoot to see Nana, Bompa, Joey, Jojo and Lynnli. My parents watched my kids while I ran out for a quick tutor session with the World's Best Math Tutor Marty. Two hours later my knowledge of algebra had increased three fold.

We had a great weekend and I, at least, am not ready for another week quite yet!


Ready to search for pumpkins!

Found one! (It ended up not being big enough.)

Cooper, the rooster whisperer.

After a long, careful inspection, Amelia found her pumpkin.

Not-so-patiently waiting for me to take a picture--the straw maze awaited!

Lost?

No!
Yes.

As side note--I don't think the invites to Amelia's blog are going through. If you can log into this blog, you should be able to log into hers. Here's her address: www.whatameliathinks.blogspot.com.  Let me know if you have any problems!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Always fun when October comes and we can see pictures (and hear stories) of the Pumpkin Patch. No disappointments this year!!! Looks like so much fun!
Nana

Anonymous said...

I need an invite to Amelia's blog!
Mandy

Katie Call said...

I love this time of year for this very reason. There are a couple of family farms around here that I'm going to husband-nap David and take him to. Those kids are getting so big. Can't wait for you to get the webcam up so we can chat all the time!!

Megan Gunyan said...

It says this blog is open to invites only! I obviously need to be invited! Mgunyan@gmail.com

Those pumpkins look awesome. We got ours at Target. That's how fun we are. :)