Sunday, June 3, 2012

The Other Dirty Four-Letter Word...

....No, not that one. Nor that one. That's not it either. Okay, potty-mouth--I'm talking about M A T H.

Let's think about this. How often do we really use math in our "everyday world"? I'm not talking about figuring a tip or calculating a grocery bill (besides, don't we have apps for that now?), I mean the algebra stuff. Honestly, is there any other purpose of knowing how to solve: -7ax2(-63x5+9x6)-2a=x, or finding the slope of -4/5 with the intercepts of (2,5), other than inhibiting my collegiate career?

I didn't think so.

Bad, bad math.

5 comments:

j2 said...

Finish that BAD math and I will take you to Rupes! I will even figure the tip all by myself! Fell bad for the poor waitress!

j2 said...

BAD English! Change fell to feel!

Dave & Melissa said...

LOL, amen, sister!

Megan Gunyan said...

I never use math. never. ;)

Courtney Call said...

I can totally help you with that stuff! I loved Algebra so much that I took that class twice.