Sunday, September 25, 2011

Jackson, WY

This weekend we went to Jackson to spend time with Nana, Bompa and Courtney. It was a successful trip overall, although I'm reminded that Jackson is more of a town for adults than kids.....they just don't seem to care about beautiful paintings, chunks of topaz that cost $18,000 or stuffed true-to-size elk!

Amelia and Cooper at the condo, ready to go downtown.


Amelia at the antler arches in the town square. Cooper didn't "wike" them, so he wouldn't sit near them.


The candy store, however, was a different story. From now on, the phrase "kid-in-a-candy-store" will not provoke images of wide-eyed children wandering through the store, unable to make a decision. No, I will see crazy-eyed, hyped-up children running from barrel to barrel, grabbing whatever they see (whether or not they notice a lollipop has a cricket in the middle) and general pandemonium. And that was all BEFORE ingesting any sugar. Good times, good times.



Here are a few pictures AFTER the sugar-high kicked in:

Cooper with my boots on.


Amelia attempted climbing a chair to escape Cooper.


When the chair failed, she tried Nana.


In the end, she couldn't escape the awesomeness of Cooper. (As well as the only 7 pound difference!)

5 comments:

Megan Gunyan said...

Ha! So cute!

j2 said...

SO, was it a restful retreat???

Anonymous said...

Fun weekend I do have to tell the world, the wonderful red blotches on my neck were from a medicine reaction. . . not Amelia using me for a mountain!
Nana

Katie Call said...

I'm sad that I missed it! I remember going to the candy store. That place is awesome!

Dave & Melissa said...

LOL I love your description of a kid in the candy store. Too funny!