Thursday, September 15, 2011

Autumn Sugar Cookies

In celebration of the FABULOUS autumn weather we've been having, (I took out the air conditioner yesterday!) my sous chef Cooper and I baked some sugar cookies topped with orange frosting Monday. They are delicious and waaaaay too tempting. I'll be giving them all away this weekend! Here's some pictures:

Cooper putting on some chocolate chips.




In other news, Cooper has started his "house school". A few ladies in my ward started up a preschool for 9 of the pre-schoolers in our neighborhood. I explained to Cooper it wasn't his old school at BYUI, and he said, "It's my house school. I go to houses." Yes, yes it is! His first day was last Thursday:



What about Amelia? Well, she's learning a lot in school and loves it so far. She brought this home the other day:



It's the moon's cycles made with Oreos! Ingenious! (I'm writing all this down so when I teach everyone will think I'm brilliant---and only my faithful readers will know I'm a fake.)

3 comments:

j2 said...

That Oreo idea is a keeper! Kiser a pizza for my after school math party. I threatened Pizza hut with their very lives if they didn't cut the pizzas into equal pieces...had to kill a couple of pimply faced pizza guys! Instead of fractions, we learned when you use math in the real world!

j2 said...

Okay, kiser up above should read I used, that auto correct kills me...and I should proof read!

Megan Gunyan said...

Ha! Look at Coopers squinty eye. That kid is so cute. I'm glad he has his own house school to go have fun with!