Thursday, May 19, 2016

Swan Lake 2016

Amelia had her spring recital last weekend, they did Swan Lake. She had two dances--one in the "gala" before the actual ballet and one in the ballet. She danced on pointe for the gala.

She. Did. AMAZING!

I usually have a hard time watching my children perform because I get so nervous for them. I shouldn't, because they always do so well. In the Swan Lake, she was a Hungarian with shoes that "clicked".  Again, she did fabulous! I ordered a DVD, but won't get it for another 3-4 weeks. I look forward to watching it over and over.

Cooper did well, lasting all the way through the middle of the ballet. I woke him up for Amelia's second dance (she was the very last) but when I looked down at him after she had finished, his eyes were closed again. After the ballet was over, he told me he didn't see anything. Good thing we ordered that DVD. :-)

Here's my darlin' after the ballet on the stage, graciously accepting her flowers.



Cooper still waking up:

He's up! And here they are together:


Finally, Amelia "the star" as she put it. No self-esteem issues there!


Today Cooper had his field day and I volunteered. Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures. Why, you ask? I had 6 rotations of 20-30 9 year-olds for an hour and a half. You're lucky I can type and post this blog. :-) We both had a lot of fun!

Next weekend: Amelia's violin recital and end-of-the-year parties!

1 comment:

j2 said...

She looks like a REAL ballerina. And Real ones are smaller than average!!! And Coop looks like a REAL patron of the arts!