
Now, don't get too excited, it's nothing huge. As you know, I'm a MacGyver fan. Have been since I was a child, when the khakis with white sneakers and mullet he sported were fashionable. I was a member of his fan club, and received signed pictures of him. As a grown-up I'm well aware most of his "fixes" never would've worked, proven on an recent episode of "Mythbusters." Thanks for ruining that for me, Discovery Channel.
I received the first season a few years ago, and began watching them over the past week. With the worst of the language being "doggone it", "well I'll be dipped!" and "you've got a screw loose" I allowed my children to watch an episode with me.
They are hooked.
Cooper asks me each morning if we can watch "MacGyver" and snuggle. Amelia mentioned during the opening introduction MacGyver was "very handsome". I KNOW, Amelia, I KNOW. They dance to the theme song, ask a thousand questions, (What's his first name? Why does it hurt his hand when he punches someone? Does he always have that red knife and tape? Where did the doors on his Jeep go? Why did he stare at that girl in a swim suit?) and would watch it nonstop if I let them.
Hopefully no bad will come of their recent obsession, but if Cooper starts to grow a mullet and Amelia want to carry tape everywhere we may need to cut back a bit.

POST UPDATE: This morning Cooper came running into my room while I was getting ready. He told me to "come qwuickly". I ran out, thinking horrible things, and he pointed to the computer chair. His toothbrush was tied to the chair stand with some old curling ribbon. He preceeded to tell me he "fixed" it....just like MacGyver.
7 comments:
Cute Picture! I'm glad the kids have discovered Mac. He will always be a good old friend. I love the questions the kids ask! I'm sure it's a whole new MacGyver experience!
Ahhh, Mac. Nice to have a wholesome show to watch and it is definitely not hard on the eyes! Oh yeh. . . the kids are cute.
Nana
yeah for the new blog!
i can honestly say i've NEVER watched Mac.....and was okay with it but you make me feel like i'm missing out!
Actually Cooper might look amazing in a mullet. We will just have to name it something else...like "A Coop".
LOL I love it! Cooper is such a handy man. I used to watch that show too! I always wanted to save the day with nothing but a water balloon, duck tape and twine. LOL.
I liked him beter in Stargate SG-1 when he shoots things and blows stuff up. :-)
That is the greatest thing I have ever heard in my entire life. Seriously. I'm rolling.
Post a Comment