Monday, January 17, 2011

Amelia's First Gymnastics Meet

Amelia competed in her first meet this weekend. She did GREAT! She was soooo nervous, but remembered all her routines and moves. She placed 5th out of 8, but the girls she was competing against were 9 and 10 years old!! I'm so proud of her! Thanks to Nana, Grandpa, Ben, Courtney, and Andy for coming to watch her, she loved having an audience. Here's a few pictures and videos. The pictures are a little blurry because we weren't allowed to use a flash during the performances.

Amelia in her warm-ups.






Amelia receiving her plaque.


Amelia's floor routine.


Amelia vault.

6 comments:

Katie Call said...

Holy smokes Amelia! Do you know how awesome you are?! Good job!

Anonymous said...

So fun to watch her. If they judged on smiles. . . she would have taken 1st place!!!
Nana

j2 said...

That girl is amazing! I get dizzy just watching her videos! Way to go Miss Amelia!

Dave & Melissa said...

Wow, I am so impressed! Great jobs, Amelia! *hugs*

Megan Gunyan said...

Wow, Jill. That's pretty impressive. I don't think you can let her quit. I mean, she's going to make it to the Olympics someday, so she has to keep practicing! ;)

Sara said...

ridiculously awesome. i'm thinking she'll have to be a guest teacher for my MA course. what are the chances of bringing her here to teach us the back flips?