However, Cooper wanted to go to the AR party so we began working to bring his numbers up. This weekend we were within 12 points, so we had an afternoon of reading. Well, they did. I wrote lesson plans.
Luckily, he read 13 books in one day and made his goal; we can all rest easy this week!
Here is his victory moment:
In other news, last weekend Amelia had a birthday party for a friend, so Cooper and I had the rare opportunity to go to lunch together:
He was absolutely perfect and extremely polite. He knew exactly what he wanted to order and told the waitress his order, punctuated with "please" and "thank you". He was also thrilled to have an adult-sized Sprite, which he completely consumed. The rest of the day he was running to the bathroom.
Also, I finally caught Amelia during ballet class when she was doing her dance on pointe. Here is a video. You won't see her much the first bit--she's in a black short-sleeved leotard with a dark purple skirt in the front by the mirror. But if you listen you can hear her shoes. When the girls start the circle she comes by. You can tell it's her because she's on her toes. :-)



3 comments:
Holy Smokes!!! You have such talented children! Cooper with his outstanding reading and Amelia with her beautiful on pointe...ed..ness! Can't wait to see you guys in a couple of weeks!
Ahh, blessed AR! I'm glad he could remember what happened in all of those books! Fun to see Amelia on pointe! (Sort of. . . I had to run the video about six times!!!)
Nana
Amelia, breath taking. Cooper,also breath taking (for entirely different reason...I was laughing too hard to breath!) Jill, the light at the end of the tunnel is almost ready to consume you! Yay, Bargabos family!
Post a Comment