We have had a busy few weeks! First off, Cooper came home with a note
to make a leprechaun trap for St. Patrick's Day. Here's how it turned
out:
The
leprechaun climbs up the pipe cleaner, then stands on the paper. What
he won't know is that the paper has slits in it, so he will plummet to
the bottom, therefore trapped. Cooper was excited to go to school on
March 18 to see if it worked. Alas, the leprechaun got away. Maybe next
year.
Friday night Amelia had a "stay late" party.
They are the new rage--instead of a sleepover (which I would've nixed
anyway) they stay until 10pm. So Cooper and I had a night out at Pizza
Pie Cafe:
Saturday
we ran errands and got ready for the week. At the grocery store Cooper
used "The Force" to open the doors for anyone who needed to go in. He
got a real kick out of it.
One
of our errands involved a pricey shoe-shopping expedition. Cooper wears
a 4 1/2 now, and Amelia is at a 3 1/2. After we found Cooper new shoes,
the saleslady informed Amelia that a size 3 1/2 in girls is the same as
a 6 in women. She quickly ran to the adult aisle and tried on these
babies:
She
plead her case to purchase them, including all the things she could do
being three inches taller. In the end however, she lost to the fact that
I was buying, therefore my word was the law. She did end up with
respectable one inch heels that were a much more sensible wedge. I don't
need her growing up any faster than she already is!
Amelia also graduated from primary this weekend-it's a week early,
but we won't be in town next week, so the presidency graduated her
today. They gave her a cute gift and sang "Happy Birthday" to her. She
adored all the attention and well-wishes. I can't believe she'll be
moving into Young Women!
That's it! One more full week of school plus a couple days and we have spring break! Hooray!






3 comments:
I need your kids to stop growing up for a minute! The are both just cute. Can't wait to see you all next week!
Holy Cow! Young Womens??? And Coop with his arm around Amelia??? Too cute!
Amen and amen!
Post a Comment