Sunday, February 14, 2016

Valentine's Day Mania

First, for some reason my kiddos were really excited for the Superbowl this year. Amelia wanted to have a full-out party. I told her we'd have a party if she could answer correctly four questions:

Me: How many quarters in a game?
A: Two?
Me: How many points is a touchdown worth?
A: Four?
Me: What is the guy called that catches the ball?
A: Quarterback.
Me: Which teams are playing?!
A: Broncos and the other guys.

Since her knowledge didn't warrant the time or effort of a party, I pulled it up on the computer for them to watch, and they got comfortable. It was just fine, and they both learned a lot about the game of football!


For Valentine's day, Cooper's entire third grade had an etiquette party. They learned dances, how to escort girls, and basic manners. The picture below is one the school posted.

If you'll notice, 27 students listening are intently to a lesson on etiquette. Then there's mine! :-) Love. That. Kid!


We all made out like Christmas morning in our respective classrooms. Unfortunately, Cooper ate his loot before we could see it:

But hey, he drank an entire bottle of water, so I'm sure that helped dilute the effects of all that sugar!

They stay happy and sugared up until bedtime. I came home with a sackful also! I didn't think the students would think of me, but I was inundated with cards, candy and notes!



Eight more weeks of student teaching then graduation. Oh, and hopefully a job. :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great Valentines Day. And you have Oh, So Many more to come!!! :)
Nana