Amelia had her yearly performance of the "Nutcracker" last weekend. She was a cherub, and in my opinion the cutest little cherub that ever played a harp. She did a fabulous job, and is still angling for the role of Clara in a few years. Again I explained to her the Sugar Plum fairy dances more, but she held firm in her decision, telling me, "Clara has a prettier dress AND she gets to give permission for the all dances to begin." Well, we can see where my fashion-minded, power-tripping little darling's heart is, can't we?
Here she is before and after the performance:
 |
| Isn't she so pretty? |
In other non-related news, Cooper lost another tooth, bringing his total to three. As you can see in this picture, it was one of his bottom ones. And when I say he lost it, I mean COMPLETELY lost it. We never found it. After breakfast one day I noticed he had a gap in his teeth and asked him if he felt it come out. He said no. So, the mysterious tooth was either swallowed, spit down the drain, or in the same place all the socks with no mates end up.
School has been particularly crazy these last few weeks as the semester finishes up. I needed to get a massive project done, so I put Cooper next to me doing a puzzle, thinking I'd have an hour on the inside to finish it. Well, twenty minutes later Cooper told me he was done with his 100 piece puzzle.
I was awed and impressed, but still had to get my homework done. So I told him to go look for his tooth.
In weather-related news, we hit a heat wave Thursday through Saturday (25 degress!!!!) so I took the kids sledding.
That's it for this week. I am really working on those Christmas cards, I promise. I'll finish my engaging and witty poem this week and try to have them all in the mail or email by Friday. I know email is not as fun, but you get it a whole lot faster. Merry Christmas!!
2 comments:
Amen to the end of the semester! Casey swallowed one of his teeth when he was in first grade. The PTA Pres. Was "helping"the teacher calm him down and told him that the tooth fairy left twice as much when the teeth got lost! The smart teacher passed on this info so the tooth fairy would know about the double deal..,
Wow! You had a crazy week. . . and that's the "tooth" the whole tooth, and nothing but the tooth!!!
Not gonna sign who said that!!!
Post a Comment