It all started a few days before Christmas. Amelia and Cooper hadn't received their emails from Santa yet, which included their naughty or nice decision, so we waited anxiously for those.
.JPG) |
| Cooper waiting to hear the final decision. They both ended up with nice. |
|
|
Then we had the Christmas Eve bash at our place. Lynnli and Amelia played with their babies while talking on their phones, Courtney tried to fix my slow computer, Joey and Jojo chilled and visited, and by the time the rest of the family joined us, we were well on our way to a rockin' Christmas Eve party!
After the family left, we had our traditional Christmas Eve cocoa, put out cookies and milk, opened new pajamas, read stories, and tried so hard to go to sleep. Cooper crashed early, but Amelia didn't settle down until after 9pm. Santa was having a hard time holding out until everyone was asleep!
.JPG) |
| Visions of sugar plums dancing in his head. |
.JPG) |
| I'm pretty sure she was still faking when I took this picture. |
Christmas morning happened about 6:15am, and we all rushed out to see what was under the Christmas tree. Amelia and Cooper were thrilled with all their gifts, especially the ones they got each other.
.JPG) |
| They are showing sibling love for the gifts. |
After we opened presents and had breakfast, we headed down to Blackfoot to spend a couple days. It was so nice to get away and visit with family and friends. I don't think I got to bed much earlier than midnight the entire time!
.JPG) |
| Courtney and Lynnli. |
We also played out at Nana's school, put away our Christmas decorations, and celebrated New Year's Eve day with lunch at Leo's and then rolling skating. It was Cooper and Amelia's first time, and they did really well. It was my first time in around fifteen years, and I must say I was quite proud of myself. I only fell once, and I call it more of "taking a knee" then a fall. Of course, depending on how I feel tomorrow, I may call it a fall!
.jpg) |
| Amelia at Leo's. I couldn't get Cooper to stand still long enough to get a pic. |
 |
| Amelia and Cooper at Nana's school. Cooper was so proud he climbed to the top and wasn't scared of the height! |
New Year's Eve plans are to watch a "Duck Dynasty" marathon, each Mrs. Powell's cinnamon rolls, and see who falls asleep first---it could very well be me! Happy New Year!!
3 comments:
Wow! I am tired just reading about your Christmas break. So glad you had fun. It was great for all of us, too!
Nana
Jill, you are definitely MOY, Mom Of the Year! But also MOY, Mathematician Of The Year! Congrats, and yay to no more math for a looong time!
Lucky you! Skyler wakes us up at 5:00 on Christmas morning! I think that should definitely put him on the naughty list!
Mandy
Post a Comment