Soccer season has begun! Amelia and Cooper have wanted to play soccer for years, but never could because I happened to work on the nights the games were played. Now that I've gotten rid of that annoyance (although I miss the paychecks dearly), I signed them up this summer.
Their first games were this week, and both did really well. In the beginning Amelia was a little timid and worried about making the other player mad at her, but by the second game she seemed to take to heart the advice, "you're small, you're fast, and everyone has on shin guards."
.JPG) |
| Amelia at halftime. |
.JPG) |
| Amelia had kicked the ball from the opposing team before he could. FYI, this made him MAD. He hadn't seen her come up behind him. |
.JPG) |
| She ran. |
.JPG) |
| A lot. |
 |
| This picture shows just how much smaller she is than the rest of the players. I told her this gives her an advantage because they all look over her, so they won't know when she sneaks in. |
.JPG) |
| Before their first game. |
|
 |
| After their first game. |
|
|
|
Amelia and Cooper's games were held at the same time this week, so I started with Amelia and switched to Cooper's at halftime. I felt it wise to be with Cooper when his game ended to prevent wandering after the game that would inevitably turn into a search and rescue. I was a little nervous I would get to Cooper's game and find him on the sidelines from being red-carded, but luckily he behaved himself!
Cooper's games were a little different because they only had four players on the field at once, didn't play positions, and didn't have a goalie. A little less chaos. Just a little.
.JPG) |
| Cooper dominated the first game, scoring two goals and stealing the ball repeatedly--sometimes from his teammates. Don't worry, the coach straightened him out. |
.JPG) |
| Look at that footwork! |
.JPG) |
| See his arms blocking? I wish I could say he learned that, but it's natural. Unlike Amelia, he's bigger than most of the players so he uses his bulk to block out others. |
.JPG) |
| He, again unlike Amelia, is not concerned for other's feelings towards him and is well aware the shin guards are there to guard the shins.....so why not kick away? |
.JPG) |
| When not playing, Cooper took time to impress the girls with his wounds. Chicks dig scars, you know. |
|
|
|
4 comments:
So stinkin' cute! Reminds me of when I watched MY kids play soccer!!
Nana
Adam is really stoked that they are playing soccer! He wishes he was there to watch them play games!
Oh man! I wish we were closer so we could come to some of their games! They look like Pros out there!
Soccer will never be the same! And probably not as boring!
Post a Comment