Sunday, December 16, 2012

Holiday Fun!

We have been super busy this month with a lot of fun holiday activities. We've been to parties, sat on many Santa's laps (story to follow) and went to a Christmas celebration a few stores were putting on. They had a hayride, a Santa, hot cocoa and cookies, a photo booth and the Grinch!

On the hayride. It was COLD. I don't mind the cold, but I'd like to have some snow!

Amelia and Cooper with the Grinch. Amelia told him, "Given the choice, I'd choose the seasick crocodile!" And Cooper went with, "You're a bad banana with a greasy black peal!" The Grinch replied with, "Thank you! Have a terrible Christmas!"
From there we went inside and Cooper walked right up to Santa. By the time I got over there I heard Santa say, "What would you like for Christmas?" Cooper replied, "I already TOLD you last week. Are you the real Santa?" For the next five minutes this sweet Santa philosophized with Cooper about how you can tell a Santa is real. Lesson learned here? Only take the kids to talk to Santa once!
Amelia didn't have quite the questions Cooper did....at least not outloud. Sometimes I think there's a lot going on in her head.

This weekend we had a FABULOUS surprise----Katie and David flew in to spend Christmas AND New Year's with us! We are sooooooooooooooooo happy to have them here! David had drawn my name for Christmas and here's my gift:

Super cute, right?



We also finished up out Christmas shopping in Idaho Falls this weekend. I had to stop in Bath and Body Works and get a gift. They were having a buy three, get three free and we qualified. I didn't know what to get, but between the really kind sales lady, Amelia and Cooper, we walked out with lotion and body spray for Amelia, and "awesome boy" 2-in-1 shampoo and body wash for Cooper. The whole way to Blackfoot they talked about their new bath stuff. Cooper was floored that one bottle could do TWO things. I told him it was a Christmas miracle.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your Christmas spirit and memories you are making for your children are just amazing. Merry Christmas!
Nana

Katie Call said...

That is a good Grinch! I love the party planning! Amelia and Cooper took it very serious. I couldn't help but laugh! Love you all! We are sooo excited to be here!

Megan Gunyan said...

That wreath is so cute! Go David! I just caught up on your blog...you have been busy! Cooper looks awesome in his gymnastics. Gold Olympian for sure. And I love Amelia's dancing, wow! Also, Jill, congrats on getting your semesters done and getting in full time! That's awesome!!