Monday, October 10, 2011

Two front teeth out....finally!

As you might remember, a little over a month ago Amelia ran into Cooper's head and knocked out one of her front teeth(see September 2nd post). We've been trying since to wiggle loose her remaining front tooth. We have failed. Not only failed, but it has firmed up. With her adult tooth coming in and room in her mouth at a premium, we took a trip to the dentist today.

Amelia did really well, even when the dentist walked in. I had offered her a hefty bribe to NOT scream bloody murder this time and it seemed to be working. She only teared up and sniffled a bit. The dentist looked at her tooth and told me what we had feared the most. Even IF we pulled her tooth, the adult tooth would likely still come in too far back. He said there was a slight chance it would move forward, but he doubted it. So, he gave Amelia two choices.

1. Pull it and see if that teeny, tiny, slight chance happened and the tooth righted itself.

2. Let it fall out on her own and realize two sets of braces is a given.

Amelia chose #1.

Now, I wish I could say that it was because she is brave, and that may be partly true---but I also think it had a lot to do with the bribe we had discussed earlier. So after a topical anesthetic, a local anesthetic and a lot of calming, Amelia now has both front teeth gone.

Amelia is happy, Cooper is happy and I'm happy.....until I get the bill for probably the world's most expensive tooth-pulling.



In two months, we head to the orthodontist. Pray for me.

3 comments:

A&K Johnson said...

You should go to our orthodontist, he is great! What was the bribe?

Dave & Melissa said...

Way to go, Amelia! Now, you have me curious... what was the bribe? It must have been worth it! :o)

JoeyandJojo said...

ahhh Amelia looks cute as a button. i still think it would have been more exciting if I had thrown cooper into her and knocked that tooth out weeks ago.