Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Carving Jack O'Lanterns

Last night we carved our pumpkins for Halloween. I know it's a bit early, but the kids didn't want to wait any longer! Amelia happily dived into the pumpkin's guts, pulling out handfuls of slimy seeds and membrane. Cooper looked inside his pumpkin, looked at me and said, "It's too yucky, I think."

Cooper opted for a pirate jack o'lantern, Amelia went for scary and I'm still undecided. Here's a few pictures of the kids:

Cooper by his un-yucky pumpkin.


I told him to stick his hand in. See how he's cringing while smiling?


The finished pirate:


Amelia's pumpkin before:


It had ALOT of innards.


Anyone scared?


Finished jack o'lanterns:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You CAN carve pumpkins! They are darling. . . pumpkins, and pumpkin-carvers. Halloween time and your house!!
Nana

Dave & Melissa said...

LOL, I LOVE yours! It looks like it's freaking out cuz it's getting stepped on. Hehehe, CUTE! And I love the pirate pumpkin. So clever! Amelia, yours has an amazing set of teeth! Well done!