Thursday, May 5, 2011

Trying New Things---Fruit

Amelia came home from school last week and announced that we are supposed to try new things because we never know what we'll like. So, we are starting with food. My children have a very limited palate (as do I), so I bought a bunch of different fruits, made some fruit dip, and we expanded our horizons. Well, the kids did--I love almost all fruit!

Ready to try bananas, strawberries, pineapple, apples, and kiwi.




Cooper explaining he "wuved" the apples and bananas. He didn't "wike" the strawberries and pineapple. He wouldn't even touch the kiwi.


Amelia said she liked the bananas, apples, pineapple and strawberries....a no-go for the kiwi though.


Tomorrow I'm making them smoothies with the leftover fruit. We'll see if they like the fruit all blended together! Next time we'll try some more exotic fruit, like mangoes, coconut and pomegranate and see how those go over.

After that we're on to vegetables. That'll be rough for all of us! Yuck.

4 comments:

Dave & Melissa said...

Mmmm, what a YUMMY experiment. Good luck with the veggies. ;o)

Anonymous said...

What a fun family thing to do. . . and it was ALL Amelia's idea, huh?
:) Good luck with the veggies!!
Nana

Katie Call said...

That sounds fun! Your family is just so cute! Cooper just needs to be shown fruits and veggies that are red and he's sold and Amelia just needs to be told that fruits and veggies will make her hair glow and she's sold!!

A&K Johnson said...

Adam and I tried jicima this week... I don't think the kids would like it.