Wednesday, May 18, 2011

"I'm Being Tricky!"

Cooper is a mischievous little boy. He likes to play tricks on Amelia and me. In the past they have included: locking us out of the car, locking us out of the house, locking us out of the bathroom (I carry my keys everywhere now), hiding Amelia's favorite toys, "borrowing" toys from preschool, unrolling and re-rolling an entire roll of toilet paper, taking my bookmark out of my book and lastly--today's newest trick.

I was working out in the garage (lots of room, and no thumping for my neighbors below me) for 20 minutes. 20 minutes, people. Cooper usually watches TV or plays while I sweat it out. Today I heard him moving around, some water running and long periods of silence. I didn't want to stop my workout to check on him, and assumed whatever mess he'd made I could clean up easily. After the 20 minutes were up, I dragged myself upstairs to the kitchen. I opened the fridge to retrieve my perfectly chilled water and found this:



Yes, that's my EMPTY liter water bottle with toothpaste in it. I looked down at my sweet little boy who was wearing the most charming smile possible. He said, "I'm so tricky! I put my toothpaste in your water bottle!"

My water now has a slight cool mint flavor.

Bless his tricky little heart.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did he give a little he he he also?



Joey

A&K Johnson said...

Dear Jill,
Despite Cooper's trickiness I gained a new appreciation for babysitting for you today. YOUR children are always clean and clothed. YOUR children have shoes and toys. Is your interest piked? Ask me about my babysitting experience today sometime!
Your faithful babysitter,
Katie

Dave & Melissa said...

LOL What a tricky boy! ;o)

Anonymous said...

When Cooper and Amelia come to visit, I think I will carry my keys, hide the toothpaste, and have the time of my life!!!!
Nana :)

Megan Gunyan said...

Oooh, very tricky!
I'm just catching up here...it looks like you're having so much fun with the kids! I'm so, so so freakin' excited for Chi-town! Woo-hoo!

Sara said...

some people pay a lot of money for flavored water. if anything he just saved you .50.