We have church at an awkward time. It's too late to have the rest of the day available, but too early to get anything done before we attend. Hence, we usually have time to burn in the afternoon. Normally we go on a Sunday drive, but today was so nice we opted for a walk. I thought it'd be good practice for all the hiking I have planned this summer. However, 3/4 of the way through I realized the kids need to build up some endurance! But we had a lot of fun and I'm confident bedtime will be a snap tonight!
Starting our walk.

Resting at the fountain (a bit tired).

They each brought a friend. Amelia's bunny is named Butterfly, and Cooper's puppy is Pluto.
Now that Amelia is in school so much, I've drafted Cooper to be my new sous chef. He is very talented already! (And yes--he leaves those knives in the background alone.)
5 comments:
Sounds like a wonderful Sunday afternoon! Where did you go for a hike?
I love to go on Sunday afternoon walks, next time you guys are down here we will have to go on a walk out here. Cooper looks like he enjoys being the sous chef
What a fun Sunday tradition! I think we will have to adopt that one. In fact my kids are driving me CRAZY today-the perfect time to start. Happy walking! :o)
I remember taking our children on Sunday afternoon walks. I thought it was a lost art. Cudos!!! Looking forward to Cooper's cuisine and Amelia's, too. . . if they take after you, they will be great.
Nana
Look at the smiles on those two!!! Jill, you have the cutest little family. I just love peeking into your lives! Thank you for blogging.
Post a Comment