Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter Weekend

How much can you pack into 24 hours? With the help of Katie Call---ALOT. As most of you know, Katie and David are moving to Idaho this weekend, so I went down to spend one last weekend in Ogden with my sister. I arrived about 4pm, and we went to a lovely dinner at Applebee's. Well, the dinner was lovely, the food was so-so. Then Katie presented me a challenge. To buy two shirts and one pair of pants for $20. We hit a few stores but didn't find anything. Deciding we were burned out for the night, we bought ice cream, face masks and rented a movie (essential for a girls night). Add in alot of can't-breathe-because-we're-laughing-so hard moments, and we had a winner of a night!

Saturday we hit more stores, and I eventually lost....but only because I overspent by $9 on a cardigan that Katie swore was worth losing the challenge. After a yummy lunch at a bakery I've forgotten the name of, we grabbed some Krispy Kremes and went back to pack up my car.

I had the BEST time, and am happy Katie will be closer so we can hopefully do it again. Thanks to the rest of my family who helped watch my children so I could be just Jill for a bit.

Me taking the challenge. I lost, but ended up with three really cute pieces of clothing.


One of my non-challenge purchases....a hat. Please let me know your opinion, as I'm not a hat person. Katie did put one of my hat-fears to rest, however. Thanks, sis, I was sweating that after-dark issue.


Me and Katie in our rejuevenating masks.


The fiesta happening next door. The party started at 9am and was still rockin' when I left at 4pm! It was like being back in Cabo!


Katie and I took over 15 pictures trying to get a good one. Sadly, this is it.


Sunday was Easter. These are all the pictures I have of the kids. I didn't even get them in their Easter clothes! We were running late and I didn't think of taking a picture. I'll get it next week. But we made it to all three meetings. That's huge. HUGE.




After church Ben, Kim and Matthew came by for dinner.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loved all the pictures, but my favorite is the one of David peering over the fence at the fiesta! Perhaps he was feeling a bit nostalgic for the Latin way of celebrating!!!
Nana

Sheryl said...

I had to go back and find David peering over the fence! Great pictures. What fun sisters you are. Can't wait to see the kids in their Easter clothes. (You look beautiful!)

Katie Call said...

Thanks for coming and helping me enjoy my last weekend in Ogden! And I love the hat!!

Sara said...

So you basically look great in a hat. Just gonna throw that out there to start with. And I'm gonna move onto the AWESOMENESS of that challenge. I would try that myself but the very idea of shopping has worn me out. Lady's nights are my favorite. If the sole purpose of Katie's move to Blackfoot were to accommodate more Lady's nights, she would not be wrong.

And last of all, Jill, word on the street is you and my sister are gonna go and live it up in Chi-town. You just have to believe me when I say I'm green with envy. GREEEN!

Megan Gunyan said...

Love the hat. Bring it to chi-town. Can't wait!
It looks like you guys had an amazing sisterly time!!