WARNING: LOTS of pictures in this post. I feel like I'm making up for the months I didn't post more than once or twice.
Now that Girls' Camp is over, our summer is winding down quickly. We had figure 8 races, Celebrate Youth party in the park last week, registration, and this week we have the eclipse! If we survive that we have school the day after. :-) I had a bunch of training this week, and Amelia and Cooper did SO WELL babysitting themselves at home. A massive fort construction might have had something to do with it:
We also registered for school. Cooper will be in the middle school this year (gasp!) so Amelia took him on an in-depth, detailed tour while I paid the fees. Cooper was excited to find his homeroom. He has the same teacher Amelia did for the 5th grade. It's the first time that has happened. I usually like to have them experience teachers that haven't had a sibling, but during Amelia parent/teacher conference with this teacher three years ago I mentioned she had a little brother who would be coming up. She asked about him and I explained he was a little wild, a little crazy, and a lot a little boy. This teacher said, "I love teaching boys. They have so much energy and are so unpredictable and fun." At that moment I decided she'd get Cooper! Anyone who has that opinion will handle him just fine. :-)
Amelia showed Cooper her old locker. He won't get one until the 6th grade:
When we were finished we headed over to register Amelia:
That's the only pic I have. She was bustling around finding her classes, talking to friends, and finding the best locker. She'll be in the 8th grade this year and is veeeeeery excited!
For the first time this year we attended the Figure 8 Races during the county fair. It was a lot of fun and we may have to add it into our yearly schedule:
The next day we had Celebrate Youth. (No moss gonna grow on us!) Amelia stuck with us long enough to challenge Cooper in the Battle Balls, then ditched us for her friends. Cooper and I had a great time visiting each booth and collecting all the free stuff. Cooper ended up seeing a few of his friends and I think it's only a few years from now when BOTH children will ditch me!
Lastly, Cooper had an opportunity to play an electric guitar when we went into the music shop to get his guitar fixed. He really, really, REALLY liked the extremely loud amp that went with it:
Whew! What a crazy week! Tomorrow we have the eclipse. which I'm thrilled we can view from our front yard, then our traditional back-to-school dinner at Pizza Pie Cafe---assuming all the people have left town. School begins in THREE DAYS!
















No comments:
Post a Comment