Saturday, July 15, 2017

4th of July and Utah Trip!

Our last month has been pretty busy. In fact, our whole SUMMER hasn't been very restful. Instead of lazy days we've had jam-packed ones. Here's a few things we've been doing:

We visited Katie, David, and Linus in Utah and had a fabulous time swimming in her pool:


Hung out with Linus at every possible moment:


We also braved triple-digit temps and went to the Hogle Zoo. Cooper tried to stop the big black ball right at the entrance. He succeeded, but had a wet shirt and shorts for the next fifteen minutes. 'Cuz that's how long it takes for your clothes to dry in that heat. :-)


We saw the giraffes:


And the elephants:


And sea lions, seals, bears, tigers, lions, monkeys, and a whole lot more! We even found cool bridges to cross:


We also had our 4th of July parade. As always, we had a ward breakfast first then sat to watch the parade:


And of course the rodeo! I'm so happy my kiddos love going as much as I do. Well, at least Amelia does. 



Cooper is still taking swimming and guitar lessons, Amelia is doing violin lessons and summer ballet. Girls camp is next, then we start prepping for another school year again!

In case you're not on Facebook, I was pre-approved for a home loan a little over a week ago. I'd planned on looking for a home over the next few months and take my time. Weeellllllllllll, exactly one week later I'm under contract for a townhome half a mile from the school I teach at. I'm still not completely sure how it happened.......hopefully I'll close on August 11 and we'll be moved in and settled before my first teacher workday on the 16th. Then the craziness of the eclipse on the 21st. Then the first day of school on the 23rd.  Sometime after that I may come to grips with the situation. Updates to come!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Whew! Now that I have read your blog, I have to go take a nap!!!! You cram a lot into a summer! Congrats on your house. Great memories ahead!

Unknown said...

We had SO much fun! Thanks for braving the heat, crazy traffic, and the long drive to come visit. We loved it!

---Katie