Monday, May 4, 2015

Cooper's Baptism!

Last Saturday Cooper was baptized! It was a little harder than I thought to see my youngest hit this milestone. He seems so grown up already in a lot of ways, but then he'll also revert to toddler-age in the next moment!  It was a wonderful day, and he was SO EXCITED! He woke up at 5:30am and said, "It's a big day!" I gave him his new set of scriptures and case and he took them out, flipped through them, and put them back over and over. He is so excited to "look up scriptures using these cool tabs." He was baptized by his BFF Andy:




After the baptism, Grandpa confirmed him and did a perfect job. I think he was a little nervous, but it went well. Afterward, a friend of the family from Hawaii told Cooper when children get baptized in Hawaii they get a lei:




Cooper handled all the attention and well-wishing very well. Afterwards we went back to our home and had a luncheon. As excited as Cooper was to be baptized and become a member of the church, he was equally excited to get into his play clothes and "relax and get used to his new gifts". LOVE. THIS. KID!!



Although it was "Cooper's Day", Amelia managed to jump into a few pictures.





He went up to the stand yesterday in church to be introduced as the newest and "most enthusiastic" member of the ward. He looked so cute standing beside the bishop in his suit, grinning out at the entire congregation--his smile much like the one in the picture above! I realized in ten short years he'll be standing at the podium giving his missionary farewell. *Sniff* I was beginning to be sad until the bishop shook Cooper's hand and said he could go sit down. Cooper walked reverently to the stairs---then jumped down all of them at once. 

I still have some time. :-)

3 comments:

Katie Call said...

What an awesome day! I wish we could have been there! I love that guy. Congrats Coop!

j2 said...

We were sorry we missed it. We think Cooper is both cute and handsome. We also think he will be an amazing missionary. Who would dare say "no" to him?

Anonymous said...

He does have a great smile. . . eyes slamming shut, and everything!
Nana