Thursday, October 16, 2014

Pumpkin Patch and Straw Maze!!

We picked our pumpkins last weekend in our pumpkin patch we usually go to. I don't know if it was the nice weather, or that it was a Saturday, but the place was PACKED! Nevertheless, we found our pumpkins quickly, played with some kittens, ran through the small straw maze, and discussed jack-o-latern options at length.

Ah, sibling love.

Cooper was pulling the wagon and it jerked forward, hitting him the the stomach. Although this picture makes it look like he was injured, he was fine. Just a lot of moaning and groaning.


Cooper photo-bombing

Cooper-less pic.
After we dropped off the pumpkins at home, we headed out to the straw maze! It was really nice, cool weather and I was looking forward to Amelia and Cooper running some energy off. This year they added a couple slides and an area to climb on straw bales and jump into lose straw. I think Amelia and Cooper liked those more than the maze!


This twine is meant to brush against people in the dark and scare them when they come to the haunted maze. The kids thought they made great swings!


This picture was at the "tunnels". The nice helper guy walking on top of the bales offered to stand where the tunnels exited and if Amelia or Cooper came out, he'd send them back through to find me. He threw me a bottle of water, so I sat down and had a nice rest!  Gotta love Rexburg!
In a little less than two hours, we made it!

It was a fun, exciting day! Next up: more Halloween celebrations and the ward harvest party. By the time Halloween comes around, I think we'll end up staying in, snuggled up with blankets, a movie, and popcorn!
                                                         I. LOVE. AUTUMN!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your adventures look and sound so fun, but, you know, the staying in snuggling up with blankets, a movie and popcorn (maybe hot choc instead), that sounds good!

j2 said...

Staying in??? Never gonna happen!!! That is what we call a DREAM,!