Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Spy Games

This week for school we learned about spies and spy games. I showed them pictures of the CIA and explained there are real spies, and gave them some basic training on how to be a good spy. To go along with it, I made up spy I.D.'s and "missions" for Amelia and Cooper so they could test out the things they've learned and report their missions to the agent in charge.(That's me. I tried to get them to call me Agent Bon Jovi, but they refused.)

Amelia's (Agent Jane) began with retrieving a secure cell phone from the drop-off point and receiving a text explaining her mission. She was then required to collect clues and fulfill her mission without being seen by the enemy or civilians. Her super spy strength was eavesdropping (those of you who know her well understand the truthfulness of that).  Here's a few pictures taken from our secure surveillance footage:

Can you see her?
Observing foot traffic and patterns.

The coast is clear--retrieving the diamond!

Success for Agent Jane!


Agent Jane MISSION REPORT
Status: SUCCESSFUL

I wasn’t seen by enemies or citizens during my mission. Decoding the message was the easiest part of the mission and helped me to recover the diamond. I used my eavesdropping skills to avoid capture and gather information concerning the mission.


Agent Jane

Cooper's super spy strength was ninja speed. Cooper's mission began with a video message from the agent in charge. After following several clues, dispatching guards, and evading enemy capture, he successfully recovered the stolen money. Again, here are the secure surveillance footage of his mission:

Preparing to leave the safehouse.
His stealth and speed is astounding.
Dispatching the guard, Billy Bob Joe (our garden gnome). 
Success!

Agent Flynn MISSION REPORT
Status:  SUCCESSFUL

I was not seen by enemy spies or civilians. I found a way to get past the guard watching over the money, Billy Bob Joe. I used my training and special spy skill of ninja speed to knock Billy Bob out and retrieve the money. That is my report. 

Agent Flynn

It was a fun activity and Amelia and Cooper really enjoyed it. After their missions were complete, they continued to use their newly acquired spy skills to retrieve the mail, steal my phone without my knowledge, and "blend in" as normal children with our neighbors while gathering intel on the shifty stranger walking past. (A college student walking to class).
My Super Spies!


                                   I'm not sure what we'll so next.........I'm tired! :-)

4 comments:

Davis Early Intervention said...

Jill, You are amazing! Here are some ideas for activities, although nothing can top Spy School!

http://kidsactivitiesblog.com/category/activities-for-kids/elementary-activities

Mandy

Davis Early Intervention said...

Here is another idea - an excavation kit!
http://www.howdoesshe.com/excavation-kit-diy/

Mandy

j2 said...

My wise daughter said it right, you are amazing. Cant wait for you to be a certified teacher! You'll be...wait for it..A.M.A.Z.I.N.G!

Anonymous said...

What Super Duper spies! And what a Super Duper Agent in Charge! Love you all.
Nana