Saturday, June 28, 2014

Just a Week...

It's amazing what we can pack into a week! First off, here's a few pictures of Amelia at the temple. She took them for Activity Days and then painted a frame to put one in. Isn't she photogenic?



Our neighbors had a yard sale today, and it's pretty hard to resist deals that are six feet from our front door. We ended up with a remote-controlled truck for Cooper (he's almost run the batteries down already),a jewelry box for Amelia, and four books per child. I was thrilled when they made a bee line for the piles of books and complained about my 4-limit rule.


We also built a fort yesterday and Amelia and Cooper slept in it last night. I didn't think they'd make it through the night, but they did----even sleeping in a little. Of course, the giggling went far past their bedtime, which could have contributed a bit to the sleeping in! I didn't mind; it was fun to listen to.



To end our school week, we visited the flood museum because we'd been studying floods and how they occur. I thought the kids would blow through the small museum in under an hour, but they were very interested in the flood section as well as the Idaho history section, and we spend a little over an hour and a half there.  In the children's room, they made teepees and headbands, while playing on the little "apartment".
Cooper comes in peace.

Amelia's not tired, she's doing her war cry. I told her she needs to look a little more fierce.

The balcony (apartment) in the children's room.

       Next up: more swimming lessons, soccer, visits to a waterfall, and Fourth of July celebrations!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun they headed for the books. Bring them to my school where they may be able to work on the warcry!
Great blog!
Nana

Megan Gunyan said...

You are the best mom and your kids are too cute for words. I can't tell you how sad I am that my kids will not have the pleasure of playing with yours. Sigh. Next summer! Count on it!!!