Sunday, October 27, 2013

Hocus Pocus and Carving Pumpkins

This weekend we carved our perfect pumpkins and went to the Hocus Pocus held a few blocks away. Amelia and Cooper carefully planned their jack-o-lanterns and then went to work. Wait, I mean I cleaned out Cooper's pumpkin. He hated the feel of pumpkin guts when he was younger and it hasn't changed yet!



Amelia, on the other hand, dug right in and wouldn't let me help! She did a nice Wicked Witch of the West jack-o'-lantern.

Later on, the kids put on their costumes and we walked to Hemming Village, where Hocus Pocus was being held. As we arrived, we were greeted by the Headless Horseman:


He creeped me out big time. Amelia and Cooper hadn't heard the story, so I vowed to tell them so I wasn't the only scaredy-cat in the home. Honestly, isn't ANYONE else getting the heebie jeebies looking at him and imagining him galloping after you in the dead of night with a flaming pumpkin poised to lop your head off?!

The fearless Captain America in the spooky graveyard.

Amelia LOVED the way her dress would blow in the wind. I have at least sixteen pictures of it!

Amelia and Cooper in the storyteller's chair.
We also went trick-or-treating to the shops, bobbed for apples, went on a hayride, visited with friends, and looked at cool jack-o-lanterns:



                                                             LOVE this time of year!

2 comments:

j2 said...

Rexburg is such a fun place and you are so cool to see that your kids are involved in everything. Dress as Wonder Mom for the holiday.

Anonymous said...

So glad that you were safe with Cooper. . . and Amelia is such a cutie! Uh, the headless horseman is a little much! I would walk the other way!
Nana