Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Harvest Break 2013

Last week Amelia and Cooper had Harvest Break, which was only fun the first three days. After that, fights, tears, groundings, and early bedtimes seemed a daily occurrence! On the last day, blood shed seemed imminent, so we went to the park to find some leaves to play in. Not many trees have lost their leaves yet, but we managed to find some:

Not pretty leaves, but crunchy and perfect to jump, throw, and stuff down shirts.


Amelia and Cooper buried each other, buried themselves, and even offered a passing jogger the opportunity.


Then I buried them. This is the bust-out.

This picture is my sweet, innocent children coming after me as I said, "One, two, three" to take their picture. I'm still picking leaves out of my jacket and hair. Sneaky, sneaky.




We had a good time and remained friends until school started up again and everyone settled back into our routine. I highly recommend finding some leaves and jumping in them. Your life will be happier, if not itchier.

Happy autumn!

2 comments:

j2 said...

Going to try the leaf thing. Might save a wonderful marriage! Maybe you should take a bunch to your math class...

Anonymous said...

Fall is my favorite time of the year. Glad your kids love it, too.
Nana