Amelia and Cooper both woke up before their alarm and were ready twenty minutes before we needed to leave. They were both so excited, talking about what they would do this year, who they would see, etc. I hope they never lose that excitement for school.
After they not-so-patiently waited for me to get ready, we took some pictures and loaded into the car.
| My beautiful 4th grader....next year is middle school! |
| Oh, Cooper. |
I drove them to school and walked in with Cooper to make sure he could find his class. Amelia ditched us the minute we were through the doors and headed to the fourth grade wing. I asked her if she wanted me to walk her to her class and she rolled her eyes and said, "I can read Mom, I'll be fine." Well, okay then.
Cooper and I walked into his classroom where he immediately saw three kids he knew and started talking to them. I helped him find where to hang his backpack, then his desk. (Yes, he has a DESK now!) He was thrilled his teacher was wearing red pants, had a red dry erase marker and a red candy on his desk--he thought his teacher did it all deliberately because it is his favorite color. I showed him his folder, reader, and crayon box. After that he looked at me, put his hand over mine and said in a very patient and slightly condescending voice, "I'm good now, Mom, you can go."
Well. Alright. I guess. So I left.
| His first desk. Sniff. |
I don't have a picture of Amelia in her classroom. Why? Scroll up and re-read the part about her ditching us as soon as she set foot in the school. I thought about finding her classroom and taking a pic, but realized that may damage her socially, so I walked back out to my car. Alone.
I sat for a bit in the absolute silence and debated about what to do for the next six and a half hours. I could dust, vacuum, go grocery shopping, clean out drawers and toy boxes, sweep, mop, or do laundry.
Truthfully, I'll probably take a nap.
Happy First Day of School!!
2 comments:
Sounds like the perfect First Day of School to me. . . hope your First Day goes as well!! (Sorry I can't walk you to your classes. Sniff.)
Nana
Holy Smokes! I can't believe how old they are getting. Those teachers are in for a fun year!
Post a Comment