Friday, May 17, 2013

Mother's Day 2013

Mother's Day Weekend was a busy one this year. We went to Blackfoot Friday afternoon so I could fit in a tutoring session with Professor Jackman. Yes, I am still trying to learn enough to pass my third math test. I feel like I'm getting close, and hopefully that passing grade is only a few more weeks away!

We spent the night and Saturday Amelia and Cooper mysteriously disappeared with Grandpa and returned with this: 

Bouquet from Amelia and Cooper for Mother's Day.
It's a beautiful bouquet that has made my entire home smell like lilies for the last week!! THANK YOU!!!

That afternoon I had lunch with my friend Eden and then stopped by the park to watch my lovely children play. I asked them to smile nicely so I could memorialize the moment forever, and this is what I got:

Amelia, the perfect picturesque child.

Then  there's Cooper.
 We came back Saturday night and got everything ready for Sunday. Sunday morning I woke up to Cooper yelling from my doorway, "Mom! Stay asleep!"  A few minutes later my wonderful, brilliant, thoughtful children brought me in breakfast and a few Mother's Day gifts and cards they had made. Best morning ever.
After church we Google-chatted with everyone at my Mom and Dad's house while Andy called. After talking with everyone there, he called me and chatted with the kids for awhile. Sure miss that kid.

It was a fabulous Mother's Day--as it is every year--and I can't wait to see what next year brings!

In other news, Cooper has been asking and asking and asking me to make a quiver for his bow and arrows he got for his birthday. I finally had time on Wednesday, so we went outside to try it out. There wasn't a bird or rock safe for yards.

That's it for this week. The kids both have only a few days left of the school year! I'm excited for all the fun activities and trips we have planned for this summer!

1 comment:

A&K Johnson said...

Adam is super excited that Cooper has a bow and wants to shoot with him!