A little background: it's spring in Idaho, which means the temperature can range from -10 degrees to 75 in a single day. The mornings are generally chilly, and then it's warmed up by the afternoon. Due to this climate, I've told my children to wear their coats in the morning and AT LEAST through the first recess. After lunch they can go outside without them.
We were driving home from picking up Amelia and she said, "Mom, Cooper didn't wear his coat during the morning recess." I turned to Cooper and asked him why. He said, "Triston didn't wear his, I just followed him." I replied with, "Well, if Triston jumped off a cliff, would you follow him, too?" Cooper was quiet for a moment and I thought point had been driven home.
Then Cooper said, "Well, if the cliff was really, really high and had sharp rocks and alligators at the bottom I wouldn't. But just running out at recess without a coat, yes, I would."
4 comments:
My mommy said I needed to commented on our blog so I will...
Good luck Jill!!
Such great stories. Save them. . . write a book. . . become famous. .
the end!
Nana
Cooper will never make it as a politician! The kid cant lie!! Yay Cooper!
Hashanah! He's hilarious, and unfortunately, too smart. Happy birthday cousin, dear. You'll get your gift in San Fran, ok? :)
Post a Comment