Wednesday, August 22, 2012

First Day of School!!

What's that sound? I don't recognize it....oh wait, it's QUIET! Today Amelia and Cooper starting school. They woke up at 6am ready to go. We got to their school and Amelia assured me she didn't need me to walk her to her door and took off to socialize and play. I walked Cooper to his new classroom and introduced him to his teacher. We found the spot to hang his backpack and his seat. He happily sat down and started playing with the play doh while the other kids came in. After leaving him with a few last- minute do's and don't's (the sacrament meeting incident still fresh in my mind) I told him good-bye. He barely looked up when I walked away. I did stay in the hall awhile to make sure he wouldn't wander out, but he stayed so I left.

I feel a little sad that both children are in school, but I'm also giddy about all the free time I'll have, even after my fall semester starts. I do worry about Cooper's behavior in school, especially with a brand-new, straight-out-of-school teacher. Oh well. At the very least she'll have Cooper her first year and wonder why all the students after him are so much calmer/quieter/better behaved/not quite as cute!

Here are some first day pictures. They are great because the kids were antsy to go!



5 comments:

Katie Call said...

I can't believe how big they are getting! They are so cute. And I'm betting you will be getting a lot of calls from Coop's teacher but only to have her tell you what a cutie he is when he's being mischievous! Just kidding. Love you all!
P.S. We need Amelia to take your picture on your first day of school.

Anonymous said...

Watch out, Kennedy! Got some charming kids coming your way!!
Nana

A&K Johnson said...

I hope that they have a great day at school. Make sure to update with all their first day stories!

Megan Gunyan said...

Aw, they look so cute!!! What a great 1st day. Cross your fingers our first day goes just as well. I'm slightly nervous because Claire and Sophie have to ride the bus and then HOW WILL THEY GET TO THEIR CLASSROOMS??? I have no idea. I'm freakin' out.

Megan Gunyan said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.