Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Amelia's First Day of the Second Grade!

Today was my little darlin's first day of school. She woke up half an hour early so she could "relax and watch a little TV" before school. After getting dressed in the new clothes she'd set out the night before, we chose to forgo a bow in her hair since Amelia reminded me "they always fall out at recess anyway." We took a few pics and hopped in the car. She decided to pass on riding her bike today (I think she was a teeny bit nervous) and graciously accepted my offer of a ride. I pulled up in front of the school and asked if she wanted me to go inside with her. She gave me a look and said, "No, I know where my new classroom is. And even if I forget, I know how to read my teacher's name, and they'll be a sign on the door." She slammed her door, waved and walked in without a backwards glance. Cooper and I ran some errands and discussed what we'd do on his first day of school--next year.

Amelia before school. She was exasperated with me because I continuously called her top a tunic, and she called it a short dress. SAME THING.




Good luck on your first day, Amelia. We'll miss you!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a little charmer!!! Have fun with Cooper all day all by yourself!
Nana

Margaret said...

That "short dress" is adorable.. Love it..

j2 said...

The child is a fashionista!

Dave & Melissa said...

Well, whether you call it a short dress or a tunic, she still looks adorable. Happy first day of school! We still have 2 weeks.... Help me! LOL