Saturday, February 1, 2025

December 2024-January 2025

 I'm going to be playing catch-up for a while. Between Cooper's last year of high school, graduation, end of year ballroom performances, concerts, activities and  other "final" things, our lives have been nothing short of crazy. It's been a fun, bittersweet crazy. It's hard to believe my children are all grown up. They have both turned into fantastic human beings and I couldn't be prouder of them! Here's a recap of December and January!

It all began with the final Nutcracker performance. It was special because Amelia choreographed the dance again, and it was the best one yet! Truly. He has loved dancing and playing the many parts of the Nutcracker. He'll miss it for sure. I don't know what Ballet Arts will do next year without Cooper!












After that weekend, we had a slew of choir concerts including Madison Presents: A George Dyer Christmas. Amelia and I attended and were petrified when George Dyer came into the audience to have us help him sing---especially since we were sitting on aisle seats. Luckily, we didn't get chosen.


ANOTHER of our December weekends was the Fine Arts Dance. This was for all the Fine Arts students because they had missed the Winter Formal due to being in Utah the weekend it was held. Cooper asked one of his cabaret partners, Claire. They had a fantastic time. And, of course, ruled the dance floor!



I know it seems like my entries are mostly about Cooper because.....well, they are. Amelia is living upon campus both semesters this year because she's no longer saving money for Europe. Needless to say, we don't see much of her! 😂 Now, back to Cooper.

Christmas was a quiet, fun time with my little family together for the last time for a few years. Cooper will be missing the next two Christmases because he'll be on a mission. 


Whew! I think I remembered everything. Now that we've covered our crazy December--on to January.

First up was Cooper being accepted to Brigham Young University Idaho. He's deferring for his mission of course, but I was so proud of him for being admitted!


Cooper also had the East Idaho Ballroom concert. Unfortunately, he was feeling ill during the ballroom performance, but still danced and did an amazing job considering how he felt! The video is too large to upload, so here's the link: 

https://photos.app.goo.gl/3hQuhqisoncQbGKx6


To wrap up January, Cooper worked on his cabarets (he's dancing two this year!) and got ready for competition season that begins in February. Hopefully I didn't miss anything, but if I did I'll try to edit it in. Stay tuned for February, March, April and May!

In the ballroom studio--where he's happiest.

No comments: