I love autumn. It's no secret. I love the cooler temperatures, the changing leaves, the thunderstorms, the pumpkin-everything, Halloween, hot cocoa, sweatshirts, raking and jumping in leaves, and walking down a leaf-strewn sidewalk. Unfortunately, autumn, October specifically, is absolutely PACKED and I don't get to enjoy those activities as much as I like. Partly because now that Amelia is in the "older" girls class, she has a lot more dances for the
Nutcracker, including her solo. This translates into a lot of Saturday practices. We still pack in fun, however!
First up, Harvest Break! We went down to Salt Lake to visit Katie, David and Linus. We were lucky enough to stay at Joey and Jojo''s condo, so we didn't have to spend a bunch of money on a hotel. Plus, the view was great! We played video games and laser tag at Boondocks.....and still can't figure out how Amelia won both games. It was so much fun to get out of town and spend time with the Utah Calls!
We also walked around Temple Square a bit, and hit the history museum.
Our view from the condo:
We also took a Friday night to head up to Herriman State Park with Andy and Desiree to listen to the elk bugle. My kiddos handled the hike in like pros.....the hike OUT, in complete darkness with nature sounds all around, was a little different. 😀
Next up: straw maze and trunk-or-treat!
No comments:
Post a Comment