Friday, March 30, 2018

Can You Believe Amelia is Fourteen?!

Fourteen years ago I was lying in a hospital bed, munching on toast, chatting with the sweetest labor and delivery nurse I've ever met. I had no idea how much my life would change in just a few hours.

Later that evening, at 9:11 pm, I was blessed with the most beautiful, caring, talented, loving, smart, funny, determined, and kind-hearted 8 lb. 6 oz. girl I know. And everyone else who meets her agrees with me. :-)  She went from this:



To this:




 While she weighs more than 8lbs now, not much else has changed. She still has an amazing smile, eyes that twinkle with happiness and at times mischief, and is an absolute blessing in our lives. She is dependable, kind to others, a confident little sweetheart and I'm blessed to be her mother.

 LOVE YOU, AMELIA!! Happy 14th birthday! I'm so happy you're not a sullen teenager.....yet) ! 😄 

Here she is over the years:




















1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a cutie! I was glad to be there when she was born, and I'm glad to see her whenever I can. You've got a keeper!