As those who know or have 12-year-old girls, joining a conversation is often next to impossible. Cooper tried several times, only to be discouraged. Finally, he turned back around, huffed out a breath and said, "All girls DO is talk, laugh, interrupt, giggle and be loud." I told him he'd discovered the secret of women and to remember that all his life.
We arrived at the straw maze and immediately became separated from the "noisy girls" and finally "had some quiet to think". He did however, manage to crash the girls "before" picture:
Cooper and I wandered around, thinking each time we'd found the way out. These are the twine that hangs down so you run into it at night and get all creeped out. It was a stormy day, so during the worst rain we sheltered in the tunnels or the haunted bus.
Cooper and I ended up getting REALLY turned around and came OUT the Haunted Forest entrance. While we waited for the girls he played on the slides and straw bales.
After everyone finished the maze, we played in the straw pit for awhile. We were already soaked, so why not get covered in straw, too?
Here's a picture after the rainstorms, the straw pit, and an hour and a half being lost. We picked up Amelia's friend's brother during the adventure.
Onto to Hocus Pocus, picking our pumpkins, and harvest parties!






4 comments:
Straw maze in the rain!!!! You are brave!
And what do teachers do on their days (or daze) off? They pick up a load of K.I.D.S. Now you are a true teacher! Or will be when a kids throws up in your room!
One of these years I am going to go with you to your fall festivities! I've never been to a straw/corn maze!
One of these years I am going to go with you to your fall festivities! I've never been to a straw/corn maze!
Post a Comment