Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy New Year 2015!!

This last holiday week has been crazy, fun-filled, and memorable! With school ending so close to the holidays and then Dad coming home on Christmas Eve, there hasn't been much downtime--but it's been a great few weeks!

Watching a video on Nana's iPad.

Christmas 2015 tree.

Sure they argue sometimes, but they also get along really well. Nothing I love more than these two!! Except Jon...he runs a close second! :-)

Santa got Cooper bongo drums. Not sure what he was thinking........

Amelia is a craft/sewing/enthusiast. She also got a gift card because she LOVES to shop!


 
The holiday festivities wore both kids out, especially since they've been fighting coughs.



New Year's Eve was a fun night as well. We decided to celebrate the new year at 9pm because Amelia and Cooper do NOT do well with little sleep. Besides, *sniff* Amelia will be going to young women activities in a short year or so abouts, and our celebrations together will be few and far between. Although--how fun will the year Amelia is 17 and Cooper is 14 and they go to the dance together?!

Anyway, here's a few pictures in chronological order. You can see how the crazy eyes and out-of-control behavior escalates the later the hour......


Trying out the hats and noise makers.



Testing the poppers to make sure they worked.
Getting a little wound up......
 
See the crazy eyes?
 We finally rung in the new year the same time the Puerto Rico did, and for the next ten minutes all that could be heard was, "I did the first cartwheel of 2015!" "Well, I did the first headstand!" "I just took the first drink!" "I'm going to use the bathroom for the first time this year!" and so on.......


After they wound down of "firsts", I  announced it was the first bedtime of 2015. This is the face I got:

The first pout of 2015.

 However, exactly six minutes later, they both looked like this:



So I popped in the movie "New Years Eve", settled down on the couch and rang in the new year with Jon. I think we'll talk about resolutions when they're a bit more coherent. Here's hoping 2015 blows 2014 out of the water! Happy New Year!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Best. New. Year's. Eve. Celebration. Ever!!!
Nana