Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Alice in Wonderland

Last night Amelia had her "Alice in Wonderland" recital for ballet. She was a flower in the Garden of Living Flowers and did a beautiful job. She not only performed her routine well, but "directed" those around her as well. What a multi-tasker! Here are some pictures:

Amelia getting make-up on. Amelia: (in a complaining tone) "Mom, my eyelashes are so long they touch my eyebrows when I open my eyes." She received no symphathy from me.



I was a little nervous about taking Cooper and how he would handle the 2+ hour show. It started off well:


Amelia's dance. You will hear Cooper yelling her name, and me shushing him. Also, toward the end the video will bob up and down violently, because sweet, patient Cooper began pulling on my arm.

                      

After Amelia's dance we had to go outside and run a bit.


Then we tested out the bathroom with faucets that turned on automatically twelve times. Cooper jumped when the water came on every single time.


We made it back for the curtain call (Amelia is the fourth ballerina in). The picture was taken from the very top of the auditorium because that's where the least amount of witnesses to my very tired little boy's behavior were.


Overall, Cooper did well. We got home and in bed by 9:30pm, and called the evening a success. Cooper was "so happy to be home sweet home and not at Amelia's flower dance."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Man. I must have an old computer. . . I can't see Amelia dance! I have to wait for someone with a smart phone to see the video!!! I'm sure it is wonderful. And. . . your children survived getting in bed after 8!
:) Wow! Nana

Davis Early Intervention said...

I was informed that the video is private! I was so looking forward to that dance! At least your kids are adorable and I can still see the pictures.

Megan Gunyan said...

She's brilliant. :)