Tuesday, November 22, 2011

A Few Things...

...that happened this week.

Amelia FINALLY got her "hooker" boots. Although I call them her "tall" or "black" boots because my 7 1/2 year old probably shouldn't be saying "hooker" in any context.





As you can see, they add a little sassiness to her attitude.

Part of Amelia's homework is to read 20 minutes every weekday. She slacks sometimes and then has to make up a few days at a time. She was about a week behind, so I told her in a weak moment if she finished her monthly reading by Thanksgiving break I'd buy her hair feathers she's been wanting. I didn't think she could do it because she had 3 hours of reading to make that goal.



I ordered the feathers last night.

She read from 3pm-6pm straight. I need to choose my threats a little more carefully in the future.

In Cooper news, he had gymnastics yesterday and got a small rug burn on his chin. He was crying on the way home, worried about everything he couldn't do with a hurt chin (climb a ladder! do a bear walk!). I was telling him he was okay and he calmed down a bit. He was quiet for awhile and then wailed, "Oh, NO! I won't be able to drive the car!" I asked what car and he said, "This one!" I told him I'd do it, since he was too little anyway. He started crying again and said, "But when I'm older!" I assured him his chin would be healed by then and all was well.

2 comments:

Dave & Melissa said...

Ellie has been wanting boots like that. So cute! LOL, Cooper cracks me up! I love reading about his little stories. What a cutie!

Anonymous said...

uh, oh. I hope Cooper can still come visit us even though he has a "bad" chin. And Amelia looks darling in her "big girl" boots!
Nana